Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    did you ever think you would see the day when there were more jobs open than could be filled. every place is crazy short handed and with the coal boom going on $6.00 an hour isn't going to cut it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    [ QUOTE ]
    $6.00 an hour isn't going to cut it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That's why everyone is shorthanded people would rather stay at home than work and bust their hump for that.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    Too many would prefer to just sit on their rears and collect from the state. We're surrounded by pure laziness.

    And for many that are willing to work, they think they're too good to earn just $6 an hour. They don't believe in climbing the ladder. They want a corner office and top pay right off the bat.

    I know $6 an hour isn't an enormous amount, but my pride is worth at least that much. I was a wal-mart cashier at $5.50 an hour, after I got my college degree. I'd rather work than sit at home and whine because I can't have the things I want.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    I'll work any job as log as I'm putting food on the table for my family. I'm not too good to work any job.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    Amen. I second that.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    I've worked many jobs making $6/hr. or below. I'm blessed with the job I have now.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    I have never understood the "too good to work" bit. Whatever has to be done to get the things that I need, then it will be done. There's nothing wrong with sweat on the brow. It is good for a body. People who hold out their palms waiting for a handout when they are fit to work [censored] me off royally.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough people to

    I thought that there was a movement, at one time, to only give assistance to those who were gainfully employed, but couldn't make ends meet on the money they were making. I would be all for assistance for a single parent who had several children and the job didn't cover the added expenses of daycare and stuff like that. But, people do seem to get over on the system by not working. They make more money by not working than working.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: too many jobs in the area and not enough peopl

    I personally hate people who are recieving public aid but are able to work. I have been laid off 4 times and been through a plant closing and have never resorted to public aid. I am now unable to do factory work because of severe back problems yet I still work full time as a 911 dispatcher. The money is not great but it pays the bills. To top things off the place my wife works closed 3 weeks ago and when she checked on retraining money the unemployment office told her they could not help but if she was on public aid there was plenty of mony available.

    Sometimes I have to wonder when I go to work on straight graveyard while the neighbors with 3 kids lay in bed and don't work and drink their beer and smoke their cigs and live basically as good as I do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •